Workplace Safety Programs
Below are my most requested programs. Please know that I am happy to customize a program to reflect your specific goals and outcomes, and change program titles to better suit your theme.
Call me at 774-230-5670 or e-mail via Contact Rita to discuss the best program option for your business or organization's needs.
This workplace safety program is designed to address three major areas of workplace safety concerns:
- Slip, Trip, and Fall Safety
- Best Practices for Personal Safety
- Verbal De-escalation Tactics and Techniques
1. SLIP, TRIP AND FALL SAFETY: STRATEGIES TO DEAL WITH RISK
- ABC'S OF BEHAVIOR: Safe methods to evaluate a task before doing it (i.e. before attempting to lift something, look at it to determine its size and estimated weight to see if you need assistance and therefore avoid an injury.
- SLIP, TRIP AND FALL SAFETY: Overview and review of some of the most common - and preventable - slip, trip, and fall causes of serious injury and deaths. General practices will be explained to help avoid these types of accidents. The employee will be more aware of how these injuries are sustained and how they can be reduced.
2. TIPS TO KEEP EMPLOYEES SAFE AT WORK
- SAFETY CHECK LIST FOR SAFETY AT WORK
- BEST PRACTICES
- environment awareness
3. VERBAL DE-ESCALATION TRAINING: Verbal De-escalation is what we use during a potentially dangerous, or threatening, situation in an attempt to prevent a person from causing harm to us, themselves or others. Verbal De-escalation consists of tactics to help limit the number of staff who might be injured on the job. Overview and discussion of:
- Verbal De-escalation Tactics
- How to De-escalating Effectively
- How to De-escalating Positively
- Listening skills
- Body language
- Personal space
- Tone of voice
- Securing your personal safety
- Best practices tip sheet on protecting yourself at all times
- Notification and follow-up procedure